We care about you as patients and friends! Let's all lead healthy lives together in 2018!
- Quit smoking/chewing tobacco! Half a million North Americans die annually from tobacco-related disease. Seek out a pro-gram-or a patch-that suits you. Just do it.
- Brush after your last meal. Do that and your dental hygiene level more than doubles!
- Use tools-not teeth! Put an end to cutting thread and pulling staples with incisors. Leave that to scissors and staple removers!
- Get moving! Get off the couch and join the crowd. Check with your doctor—then hit the road, go square dancing, walk a few miles. Your heart, head and hips will thank you.
- Stop "eating sticky." Foods like caramels or dried fruit can be tough on teeth especially if you wear braces! Try fresh apricots instead.
- Spare those molars from ice-crushing duty. An ice cube's cold, hard surface can cause microscopic cracks in the enamel.
- Make seat belts automatic—‘nuff said!
- Get a mammogram...or a prostate exam if you're over 40.
- Focus on priorities—what really matters.